The crazy adventure of our lives and what I am currently obsessed with.







Thursday, June 17, 2010

You're My Inspiration

June 17, 2010
I am not an extremely creative person, so I have to look to others for ideas. Since I can't redecorate my entire place like this, I will have to use these inspirational pieces for the guest room/baby's room. I love the clean look of these pictures and they kind of look a little beachy, which I love. The first couple pictures are from a loft I saw and the other ones are fabrics that I like.




I like the grey blue with the tan/light brown. I would love to be able to make these pillows for the guest bed.




Even though I love blue, I know I can't do everything in blue. So I thought the browns, orange and green made good punches of color.






Now on to my big conundrum, I LOVE the white couch. It looks so fresh and clean. I am already planning on getting a white crib and white dresser so that I can add a lot of color but I love the white couch. Soooo, I think I want a white rocker. I know, I know it is crazy. But what if I got a rocker with a slip cover and could take it off and wash it. Many of you moms who are reading this are probably saying, "Yep, she is a new mom! She has no idea!" And you know what, you are right, I have no idea. So I need some thoughts, if a white slip covered rocker really will get too dirty and be too much of a hassle, what are some other suggestions? I need help.

A white crib, not THE white crib, but again I like the colors.

I actually own these fabrics and am in the middle of a project that I will post once I am done with it.

Here are some other fabrics that I don't own...yet. I love the yellow and the grey, the pink was just in the picture.

This dot fabric I really like and I am thinking strongly about using it for the crib bumper and or skirt.

So that is what I am loving today, I might end up changing my mind on some of the things. I am still hunting for a dresser and a crib. But my plan is to make my crib skirt and bumper. I am also looking at paint color for the walls. But the question is which comes first, the chicken or the egg, the wall color or the fabric? I went and got a bunch of swatches yesterday and now I am stuck on that step. Anywhoo, it will all come together and I can't wait to post pictures of the room as it comes along.



1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, white rocker, huh? Can you get a microfiber slipcover? They clean easier...though it may just be something that you'll just have to anticipate replacing every so often. I love the fabrics you have so far, and think they will look great together! Have fun creating and decorating!!!

    ReplyDelete