I saw this wreath on a blog and I just had to try to make one of my own. I love the idea of taking a wreath and making it your own during the Christmas season, or all year long if you really have a thing for wreaths. Maybe next year I will make a sea themed one. But this year yarn was the star. All I did was buy a wreath from Michaels for $1.99 and then I took some old ornaments and wrapped them in yarn that I got on sale from Michaels. I used a glue gun to start the wrap and end the wrap and then bought some silver ornaments from Rite Aide to add some shine. Then I just placed them on the wreath and hot glued them on. The ornaments take some time to wrap but are so cute and add a different touch. They can also be grouped together and placed in a large vase or bowl. I love this wreath because not only does it say, "Come on in" but it also says "Look how crafty I am, I even make things out of yarn" which I dont, but wish I could.
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Wreaths, Wraps and Wrounds
December 7, 2010
I saw this wreath on a blog and I just had to try to make one of my own. I love the idea of taking a wreath and making it your own during the Christmas season, or all year long if you really have a thing for wreaths. Maybe next year I will make a sea themed one. But this year yarn was the star. All I did was buy a wreath from Michaels for $1.99 and then I took some old ornaments and wrapped them in yarn that I got on sale from Michaels. I used a glue gun to start the wrap and end the wrap and then bought some silver ornaments from Rite Aide to add some shine. Then I just placed them on the wreath and hot glued them on. The ornaments take some time to wrap but are so cute and add a different touch. They can also be grouped together and placed in a large vase or bowl. I love this wreath because not only does it say, "Come on in" but it also says "Look how crafty I am, I even make things out of yarn" which I dont, but wish I could.

I saw this wreath on a blog and I just had to try to make one of my own. I love the idea of taking a wreath and making it your own during the Christmas season, or all year long if you really have a thing for wreaths. Maybe next year I will make a sea themed one. But this year yarn was the star. All I did was buy a wreath from Michaels for $1.99 and then I took some old ornaments and wrapped them in yarn that I got on sale from Michaels. I used a glue gun to start the wrap and end the wrap and then bought some silver ornaments from Rite Aide to add some shine. Then I just placed them on the wreath and hot glued them on. The ornaments take some time to wrap but are so cute and add a different touch. They can also be grouped together and placed in a large vase or bowl. I love this wreath because not only does it say, "Come on in" but it also says "Look how crafty I am, I even make things out of yarn" which I dont, but wish I could.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



SO cute! I'm so impressed with your ability to find a great project and actually follow-through with it! How do you do it?!?
ReplyDeleteGreat idea! I had my knitting box out tonight and Elizabeth looooved playing with the yarn balls. This project gives me some ideas for how to put my yarn to use!
ReplyDelete